Data science makes it possible to set up personalized offers by analyzing geographical locations, search history, traffic, or even travel-related expenses.
Nowadays, regular or occasional travelers very rarely consult classic travel agencies because by surfing the web, they instantly obtain a selection of destination according to a set of criteria that they define beforehand (price, quality of accommodation, destination, catering, leisure, etc.). One can access various search engines, comparison tools, photos and opinions of other travelers from a computer, a smartphone or a tablet. Data is becoming an essential tool for building a differentiated and personalized offer.
The travel and hospitality sector is an underutilized sector, with a real economic model on which it is necessary to capitalize. We are already witnessing the transformation of the model and therefore the creation of differentiating and personalized offers such as agro tourism, sports tourism and so on.
Contact HData Systemd for the possible applications of data science in the travel and hospitability sector
• Personalized offers: to retain or attract customers, the offers must correspond to their situation. Big data makes it easier to offer them personalized services. This considering their location, search history, traffic, travel expenses, etc.
• Airport services: Focusing on the information provided by travellers as they pass through airports helps to effectively plan the services and resources available to airlines. By also carrying out a research, it is possible to know how customers get around, whether they visit duty-free shops, whether they are renting a car or not.
• A personalized welcome at the hotel: consulting clients' profiles on social networks or in their client files helps to quickly know who they are. Thus, on their arrival, we can welcome them as in a personalized way and treat them like regulars.
• Smart bracelets: these sensors can contain information about the wearer. By scanning them, they become accessible and allow employees to surprise tourists. For example, using their name to address them. In addition, these wristbands effectively replace the hotel room key and store credit card information which is more convenient for shopping.
• Direct billing of minibar costs: in some hotels, the minibars have a built-in scanner. The latter examines which products are available and which are no longer available. So, the consumption costs will be added directly to the stay card.
Why businesses should consider data science and data analytics
• Personalization of services and products
With an exhaustive knowledge of our customers and those we may have in the future, we can also adapt our business strategy, prevent changes in trends and orient our products towards customization.
• Immediacy of the service
Data analytics enables the possibility of real-time measurements. Having almost immediate data on the traffic on the web, the most visited products or the latest purchases, together with all the analysis of the consumption habits of the customers or potential customers, will allow businesses to react faster to the customers. Businesses need to detect and offer a specific product or service under special or more personalized conditions.
• Improving marketing strategy
Being clear about the needs of the current or future clients will also help businesses when drawing up their strategy. This can lead to adjustments in products and services and the way they are marketed, or in the generation of knowledge for new products and services that fit the needs detected.
• More efficient productivity
Internally, the company's technology must be able to extract data on how products are made. In the case of physical products, having devices that offer information on the production times of each process until the final product is produced is of great value.
Analyzing the data, businesses will see the production phases, the main difficulties, what to improve and streamline and optimize productivity to be more efficient.
Our solutions at HData System can help your travel and hospitality business with:
• Revenue Generation
• Market Research
• Ensure Reputation Management
• Enhanced Customer Experience
• Helps with Strategic Marketing