One of the most complex and important economic sectors for the development and well-being of society is the agri-food industry, which has faced constant changes and challenges, especially since 2020, a year that was very complicated due to the health situation that was lived globally. Overcoming these changes is possible with a business intelligence solution; an integrated solution for internal process management that has proven to be one of the best options for the industry.
Table of content:
• One system for the production line
• Values that it adds to the agribusiness sector
• Definition and fundamentals of Business Intelligence
• Applications and advantages of Business Intelligence in Industry 4.0
• Artificial intelligence in the analysis of industrial data for Business Intelligence
Food production is a fundamental activity for each country, since this ensures its inhabitants have a good quality of life, since thousands of foods are processed in the agro-industry that are consumed daily, which are of vital importance for the nutrition at home. Corn, coffee, canned products, sugar, flour, wheat, among others, are just a sample of the material that is produced and that is important for the creation of more elaborate products.
One system for the production line
The food sector is one of the most competitive and it is enough to go to the supermarket to realize the wide variety of brands of the same product. The implementation of current methods is very important to remain competitive, this is how innovation and the development of new products, as well as resource management and a focus on sustainability, are just some of the elements that will help companies.
Regardless of whether the company is a growing SME or a multinational corporation, in these times of changes in the economy, it is important to find a way to create added value in businesses and brands. Streamlining processes and the distribution chain is important and this is achieved with a business intelligence solution, which helps consumers to be happy with the brand because there will never be a shortage process.
Values that it adds to the agribusiness sector
Migration to digital platforms is not an option, but a necessity. In 2020, the world situation changed and brought with it an acceleration of e-commerce. Ensuring productivity, controlling processes and product quality is complex and that is why business intelligence solutions constitute an adapted solution for process manufacturers, as well as a useful answer for the planning of the company's resources, through a receptive channel.
The systems integrate modern and highly flexible technologies for the management of all the elements of the production chain.
• Articulated Data Management
Knowing the composition of products is very important, so it is essential for entrepreneurs and collaborators to manage the data related to their products and thus know how they move through the supply chain.
• Intuitive Programming
This system is an ideal tool for managing time constraints and managing resources for agri-food production. With the tools you have, you can set dates, order production priorities, block orders and even track inventories to replenish supplies when necessary.
• Superior Quality in Company Processes
As a result of using business software, they will be better prepared to avoid common problems that often arise from mismanagement or lack of information organization. They can carry out tests at every stage of the production chain, from the receipt of raw material to shipment to distribution centers.
Definition and fundamentals of Business Intelligence
The term Business Intelligence
encompasses a series of methods and technologies whose main purpose is to collect, classify, process and visualize key information for the development of business activities.
With it, managers have first-hand information that is truly relevant and properly presented (especially graphically) so that decision-making is as accurate as possible.
Therefore, Business Intelligence is developed thanks to technologies such as:
• IoT or Internet of things for data collection.
• Data Warehouse or data storage.
• Cloud computing.
• Statistic analysis.
Applications and advantages of Business Intelligence in Industry 4.0
Why should you have Business Intelligence solutions in your company? There are several compelling reasons that will make you opt for them. We can highlight the most important ones, which are:
• Be better prepared for fluctuations in demand. An aspect that has become very important given the current situation and the related mobility restrictions.
• Organize human work teams more effectively, being more productive.
• Optimize related administrative tasks. Very numerous in industries.
• More detailed and accurate analysis of production costs and return on investment.
• Control the product quantity, semi-finished products and raw materials.
• The decline in production will be significantly reduced.
• Have a more efficient and transparent logistics, from suppliers to the end customer.
• Devices operating for a longer time, reducing failure rates and unplanned production stoppages.
• Greater ability to react to various contingencies.
• Workers more satisfied and involved with their obligations.
• More effective marketing and commercial strategies, since you will get to know your customers better, their habits and preferences.
• Personalized customer service that results in fewer sales losses and a better image in society.
Artificial intelligence in the analysis of industrial data for Business Intelligence
We have listed a series of technologies that make their contribution to Business Intelligence. Undoubtedly, one of the most relevant is artificial intelligence.
Its participation in the Business Intelligence applications is clear. And there are many conclusions that we can get from the work of its algorithms on the data collected.
One of the most important benefits it brings is the ability to search for relationships between data from various sources. Relationships that, without these algorithms, would be very difficult to identify.
We can talk about the high predictive capacity that arises from its application. As a result of it, concepts such as predictive maintenance emerge. With it, you will anticipate machinery failures, being able to act before they show their faces.
On the other hand, we have predictive maintenance, which considers the context and the available means to propose the best time for repair.
But this predictive capacity is not only limited to equipment maintenance, but is also applied to the study of changes in the market, better adjusting purchase decisions and anticipating sales.
As you can see, the benefits that are obtained with the implementation of a business intelligence solution are many and therefore it is recommended to start implementing it. The changes that have been made as a result of the economic crisis makes business intelligence a necessity for your business growth and the tool will enhance your ability to manage production.